T-Shirts On Sale



SCORE: Jensen JTA 460

Friday, March 9, 2012


So I have a Stanton ST-150 Turn Table, it has a digital output that works great. Only problem is I don't have an audio breakout box I use to have to interface with my computer. So I went online and took a look at my options. Since I already own a $500 turntable I didn't see the need to drop serious coin on this. I read some reviews and found the Jenson JTA 460 to fit the bill

First off it cost just under $90 a big selling point for me, secondly it doesn't actually interface with the computer but rather records your vinyl on the fly to a SD card or USB Stick in MP3 format. It has built in speakers but they will sound like crap to any serious audiophile, good news is it also has phono jacks in the back so you can hook it up to your stereo.

I plugged in a USB Stick and put on some 70's lounge hit the record button. I didn't hear any popping or hiss from the built in speakers, that had to do more with the fact that they're small cheap speakers than noise reduction circuitry.

I then plugged the stick into my computer and dumped the tracks into Adobe Audition. After processing the tracks through some filters I had a listen through my reference monitors

They came out really good. I have to say if anybody is looking for a cheap way to rip their vinyl to mp3 should check this out.   


What exactly did I rip? Take a look below, and for those astute
readers who noticed how nice this cover scan came out
yes, I also bought a new scanner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment