T-Shirts On Sale



My Post Apocalyptic Van

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I love Post Apocalyptic movies, with the Mad Max trilogy being high on the list. One aspect I love about these movies are the funky vehicles the survivors outfit for the wasteland. What started as an art project I got some of my artist friends to help me with rendering my van with women posing with it, took an entirely different direction when one of them sent me a quick sketch of my van Post Apocalyptic style.

Below is the results of some of my artist friends hard work. Below each picture is a link to their portfolio, I urge everyone to take a look at their stuff, and consider them for any illustration needs you might have that fit their style.

To see how the Vans & Girls image turned out, click here.


Clean lines and a minimalist approach gave my van a very Dystopian authoritativeness. The
work was done by Argentine artist Diego Martinez. Yeah I'm digging it.


Spanish artist Antonio Jesus went the opposite direction by adding a ton
of gritty detail bits. I like how he kept the original design of my van and
kit bashed an outlaw look form hell.


This big bit of awesomeness is from the very talented Hoyt Silva. Hoyt has
a very unique style a little reminiscent Mignola but totally original at the same time. I had to
wait a little longer to get this piece in, but as you can see it was worth the wait. I really
didn't know what to expect when I commissioned these but Hoyt was right on
what I envisioned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment