T-Shirts On Sale



Score: Magazines

Monday, January 2, 2012

It's been a while but I made my way to my local newsstand to buy a couple of magazines. I didn't find a lot out there I liked so I turned to the web and made like a pirate and downloaded a couple of publications as well. My reading list is below, with a few thoughts.

Blood & Thunder #18
For those who don't know Blood & Thunder is a great quarterly released magazine covering the new female Roller Derby cutler. This issue features profiles of junior leages, and lots of event coverage with great photography. Only $6, recommended.

Girls & Corpses vol.5 (winter)
An absurd alternative variety magazine featuring beautiful women with corpses. As sick as it sounds this really isn't a necrophiliac's Hustler, but more of a horror fans Maxim.

Ruckus (Nov. 2011)
 When will the Maxim imitators cease to exist, I don't know. But as long as they keep turning them out, I'll keep buying the inferior copycats and feel ripped every time.

Prick Magazine (Oct, 09)
Although I did download this from the web, it wasn't in act of piracy. Prick magazine is a free e-publication in no doubt paid for by the numerous ads inside each issue. Still worth tracking down if your into the whole tattoo, piercing thing.

Werewolf TPB (Del Ray Books 2005)
Werewolf by Richard Corben is a collection of comics all written by Corben focusing on... you guessed it werewolves. Corben wrote for Eerie and Creepy for Warren back in the day so you know this collection is good. The only reason I downloaded this is because this particular volume is long out of print and fetches upwards of $50 a pop. At least that what I tell myself to get rid of the guilt. 

Peterson's Vans & Pickups (Jan. 1979)
Great magazine featuring all sorts of automotive eye candy. Most in black and white but still a really great time capsule of the 70's not to mention wonderful inspiration if you are working on a van yourself. To bad the only place to get these is on ebay, they go for $7-$25 a piece, yes ouch.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment